Use one of the two methods below to add Custom Columns to a project spreadsheet. Custom columns can be added directly from within the project spreadsheet or Admin Setup. Custom columns are for informational purposes. They cannot be used for calculations and the information entered appears only within the spreadsheet. It does not print on any AQ reports.
Adding Custom Columns & Headers - Project Spreadsheet
Use the steps below to add custom columns to a project spreadsheet and name the column headers.
- Click on the Projects tab.
- Inside of the Projects screen, open a project by double clicking on it or by clicking the New button to create one. A new window will open displaying the Spreadsheet screen.
- Select the Choose Columns button in the top ribbon.
- Move custom columns from Hidden Columns to Visible Columns in the Column Chooser window.
The custom columns should now be visible within the project spreadsheet.
- To give the columns a more meaningful name, simply right click on the column headers and select Set Custom Column Header.
Note: The header names only appear within the current project. Permanent header names and additional drop down menu customization can be achieved in Admin Settings.
Adding Custom Columns & Headers - Admin Settings
Use the steps below to assign permanent header names to Custom Columns.
- Click Admin Settings at the bottom of the window.
- Click on the Company Settings button in the ribbon at the top of the window.
- In the Company Settings window, select the Custom Columns section to edit the column names.
Adding Drop Down Menus - Admin Settings
Use the steps below to add drop down menus to the Custom Columns.
- Add drop-down menus to the columns by clicking the ellipsis button to the right of the label.
- Click Add Value in the Edit Drop Down Values window.
- Click Ok, then click the Save Changes button. The drop down menus will appear in the spreadsheet.