AQ supports deviated pricing on a per item basis within the AQ Catalog. This functionality allows users to override the list, net, discount or markup on a specific item for a specified amount of time. The deviation can be restricted to a single customer or all applied to all customers when the item is added to a project spreadsheet. To apply deviated pricing to multiple items at once follow the steps outlined below:
1) First, create a CSV file. It must be formatted as a table and include a header, or first line, that defines the fields in the table.
- Column 1 heading should be either Vendor Number OR Vendor Nickname. The vendor numbers and vendor nicknames can be found in the Resources section of the AutoQuotes' website (http://aqnet.com/vendor-numbers/)
- Column 2 heading should be Model Number and contain the model number of the item with the special pricing.
- Column 3 heading should be List Price and should NOT contain any currency symbols or commas.
- OR heading should be Net Price and should NOT contain any currency symbols or commas.
- OR heading should be Discount and should contain the discount in decimal format (xx.xxx).
- Column 4 heading should be Beginning Date and should be in mm/dd/yyyy format.
- Column 5 heading should be Ending Date and should be in mm/dd/yyyy format.
- Column 6 heading should be Markup and should be in numerical format with a two-character limit (xx).
* Note: The file should only have one of the three “pricing” columns (List, Discount, Net) filled out. If the file has more than one of these columns, an error message will display during import with a notification that the file is in the wrong format.
Making the Deviated Pricing Import Customer Specific
* To assign special pricing to an individual customer add the following column:
- Column 7 heading should be Customer Number and should only have one Customer number entered. See instructions below on how to locate/assign a customer number.
*Note: If no customer number is assigned the deviated price will default to All customers.
Making the Deviated Pricing Import Group Specific
*To assign special pricing to a group of customers add the following column:
- Column 8 heading should be Group ID.
*Note: If no customer column is added, then this can be column 6.
How to setup a Customer Number and or Group ID
1) Navigate to the Contacts tab.
2) Select a customer from the spreadsheet and click on the Edit Company button in the top ribbon.
3) In the Company tab, inside of the Edit Company dialog, type in the Customer Number or Group ID depending on the requirements.
4) Press the OK button to save.
5) Navigate to the Admin Settings tab.
6) Press the Deviated Prices button in the top ribbon and select Import from the drop-down menu.
7) In the file explorer, locate the CSV file and press the Open button to begin the importing process.
8) During the import process, a Deviated Price dialog may appear stating that a "Deviated price for this Model already exists". If this dialog window appears, a deviated price already exists for an item being imported. For each dialog, a choice will need to be made whether to overwrite the existing deviation or not.
*Select the box next to "Apply for all" to make the selection for multiple items at once.
9) When the import is complete, a Deviated Price dialog will appear with the message "Import Completed Successfully". If a model included in the CSV file was not found in the AQ Catalog it will appear under Model Not Found.
10) Press the Ok button to complete the import.