AQ Designer was originally set to view 2D drawings, however, there is a way that you can view and rotate 3D drawings in the 2D version of AQ Designer by adding controls to the AutoCAD Custom User Interface (CUI) interface.
In the CUI:
- Type CUI at the command prompt, this brings up:
2. Expand the Mouse Buttons and then Shift+Click options in the tree:
- Type NAV in the command list, and choose one of the options based on your desire. Drag the option on to button 3 until it shows that command for Button 3: (if you do not see a button 3, right click on button 2 and select add a "New Button")
- Click apply and OK. When you use shift-middle mouse button, you’ll have the NAV wheel:
- Hold down the left mouse button over the orbit section of the wheel and you’re able to rotate.